Fraud costs everyone time and money. Detecting fraud is one effective way to avoid becoming a victim or to stop fraud before it goes too far. Click the links below to learn how you can detect possible instances of fraud and identity theft.
- Check Fraud - Defines forgery and counterfeiting and shows how to identify these activities.
- ATM/Debit Fraud - Explains how to monitor your accounts and recognize unauthorized transactions.
- Internet Fraud - Lists specific types of online fraud such as phishing, pop-up ads, keylogging, and spyware. This section provides you with the information you need to avoid Internet scams.
- Identity Theft - Defines impersonation and lists steps you can take to prevent this crime.
- Mortgage Fraud - Explains this crime and shows you how to monitor credit reports and review documents in order to avoid becoming a victim of mortgage scams.