Traveling without access to a computer? No problem.
Stay connected with improved mobile banking1 from Flagstar and bank anywhere, anytime.
You can easily:
- View account balances and transactions
- Save time with mobile check deposit2
- View check images
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds
- Stop paper check payments
- View and cancel pending payments
- Use Popmoney®3 to pay another person
- Locate ATMs, branches, and loan centers
Mobile Banking Security Best Practices:
- Do not use auto-login
- Never share your private information
- Save mobi.flagstar.com as a bookmark to ensure you are accessing the correct website
- Enable a device password or pattern
- Enable timeout feature to lock device after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Do not access your bank account from a public Wi-Fi hotspot or untrusted network
Enjoy the Convenience Today
Simply enroll and/or log in to online banking through your PC before using mobile banking, then bookmark mobi.flagstar.com on your mobile device or download the app from Google Play™ or the Apple® App Store℠ online store. No additional registration is necessary.
For more information, please visit:
1Not all devices may be supported.
2Not all devices may be supported. Customer eligibility required. Personal customer checking and savings accounts only. Must be an active personal online banking user. Must be a customer for a minimum of two months. Customers enrolled in Freshstart are not eligible. SimplyOne, Next Step, and Next Step 2 account holders are not eligible. Accounts must be in good standing. Mobile check deposit terms & conditions.
3Popmoney is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc. or its affiliates. Fees may apply.
Apple and App Store are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Google Play and Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
How do I access Flagstar's mobile banking?
May I use Flagstar's mobile banking if I don't have a Flagstar online banking user ID?
Which services does mobile banking1 include?
What should I do if Flagstar's mobile banking locks me out?
How does Flagstar's mobile banking handle security?
What happens if I set my device to Private or Public?
How can I change the setting for extra security on my mobile device to always prompt me for the one-time access code?
Is there a fee to use Flagstar's mobile banking?
I keep getting locked out of my account when I try to log in on my mobile phone. Why doesn't it accept my login information?
What should I do if I don't receive the access code?
Why can't I reuse my access code?
What does "standard text and data rates may apply" mean?
Can I download an app for my iPad?®
I have an Android, however, I cannot find the app in the Market and the download will not work from mobi.flagstar.com.
Can I use mobile banking on my Blackberry?
How do I contact Flagstar Bank with mobile banking questions?
Can I add a payee through mobile banking?
Can I see all of my pending Popmoney® payments and activity?
If my payment in Popmoney® has a hold, what do I do to resolve the issue?
Can I cancel a payment that is already scheduled?
Can I deposit checks using mobile banking?
Will the locator service show me locations where I can access fee-free ATMs?
Mobile banking is not showing up nicely on my mobile device's screen. Is something wrong with mobile banking?
Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
Can I deposit checks using my smartphone or tablet?
Is there a fee to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Where can I find Flagstar’s mobile app?
What are my daily deposit limits?
Will I have any funds available immediately after depositing a check?
What will the transaction appear as in my statement?
What happens if I attempt to deposit a check that is non-eligible for mobile deposit, like an international check?
What happens if I accidentally deposit the same check twice?
How many months of check deposit history can I see?
How long should I keep my deposited checks?
Why am I not able to access mobile deposit?
I just changed my User ID, and now I can’t access mobile deposit. What happened?
Mobile Check Deposit Tips
Tips for taking a good photo of your check:
- Take photo in a well-lit area
- Prevent glare—do not use your flash
- Avoid shooting from angles to ensure check appears correctly
- Place check on an even surface to avoid angles and blurring of image
- Ensure all aspects of check are included in the picture
- Hold phone steady while shooting
- Place the check on a dark or a contrasting surface
- Place the back of the check with the endorsement signature on the right hand side
Additional points to consider:
- Make sure information on check is legible
- Check amounts (those written both numerically and spelled out) should match
- Make sure check has been endorsed by all appropriate parties, i.e. if the check is written out to you and another individual,you both most endorse the check. If check is written to you or an additional person, (as indicated by “Jessica or Lisa Thomas” or “Jessica/Lisa Thomas”) only one of you needs to sign.
Ineligible items include:
- Checks not payable to the account owner
- Altered checks, or suspect checks
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account with the names of all payees
- Checks dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit or in the future
- Checks drawn against a line of credit
- Checks drawn on banks located outside the US
- Checks drawn on US banks in a foreign currency
- Electronic check images of items previously processed
- Electronic check images previously converted to substitute checks
- Electronic items with unreadable MICR information
1Not all devices may be supported. Customer eligibility required. Personal customer checking and savings accounts only. Must be an active personal online banking user. Must be a customer for a minimum of two months. Customers enrolled in Freshstart are not eligible. SimplyOne, Next Step, and Next Step 2 account holders are not eligible. Accounts must be in good standing. Mobile check deposit terms & conditions.