FLAGSTAR CDS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Automatic renewal
- $500 minimum balance required
- A fixed rate remains the same for the entire term
- Ability to view principal and accruing interest online when you open a checking, money market, or savings account
- Preferred CD Rates — Get higher CD rates by maintaining $5,000 or more in combined checking, savings, and money market accounts1
- FDIC-insured account2
- A 0.25% rate reduction on personal loans, home equity loans and lines of credit3
View today's current interest rates.
Click for assistance, call (888) 248-6423, or visit the Banking Service Center for more information. The Banking Service Center provides the following links and documents: User's Guide, Forms Center, and Disclosure Guide.
1Excludes promotional accounts.
2FDIC insurance is up to the amount permitted by law.
3Subject to credit review and loan approval. Excludes mortgages.
Ask us about higher rates!
Preferred CD rates are available for customers who maintain $5,000 or more in combined checking, savings, and money market accounts.1
Certificate of Deposit Information:
Conditions for all certificates of deposit:
- If you decide to withdraw a portion or all of your deposit before the end of the term, certain penalties will apply.
- All Flagstar CDs are FDIC insured.
- Minimum opening balance is $500.
- Account fees could reduce earnings.
- Not available for public units.
- You may not make any additional deposits into your account before the CD matures.
- You may make withdrawals of principal from your account, with penalty and before maturity, only if we agree at the time you request the withdrawal.
- You may withdraw interest any time during the term after the interest is credited to your account.
A penalty may be imposed on amounts withdrawn before maturity. If the Certificate of Deposit has a term of:
- 7 to 29 days — The penalty we impose will be 7 days of interest, whether earned or unearned.
- 30 to 364 days — The penalty we impose will be 30 days of interest, whether the interest is earned or unearned.
- 12 to 29 months — The penalty we impose will be 180 days of interest, whether the interest is earned or unearned.
- 30 months or more — The penalty we impose is the greater of 180 days of interest, whether the interest is earned or unearned.
Please see the complete Disclosure Guide for additional details.