Reporting ATM Fraud
If you have lost your ATM card or believe it has been stolen or compromised:
- Promptly notify Flagstar Bank at (888) 248-6423 or use our Contact Us form.
- Cancel your ATM/Debit card and file a fraud dispute with your institution for any unauthorized transactions.
- Visit your local branch to acquire a new card and PIN.
- Report the theft of the card to the law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction where the theft occurred.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or call (877) 438-4338.
Reporting Check Fraud
- Visit the nearest branch to report stolen checks or fraudulent accounts.
- Place stop payments on any outstanding checks.
- Fill out and submit forgery affidavits with your local Flagstar branch. There is no charge for this service.
- Close your existing accounts and open new accounts.
- Contact your local police department to file a complaint.
- Obtain a police report number, along with the officer's name and contact number and return this information to your local banking center.
Reporting Internet and Email Fraud
- If you have received a suspicious email, please forward the message to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email box should be used only to forward suspicious e-mails to Flagstar Bank for investigation.
- If you have replied to a suspicious email, please call us immediately at (888) 248-6423.
If you have specific questions related to e-mail fraud or other types of Internet fraud, please contact us.
Reporting Identity Theft
- Contact Flagstar Bank at (888) 248-6423 or any local Flagstar branch.
- Order a copy of your credit reports from any of the three credit bureaus:
- Contact your local police department to file a complaint. Obtain a police report number, along with the officer's name and contact number.
- File a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or call (877) 438-4338.
- Notify the Social Security Administration at (800) 269-0271 to report that you're a victim of identify theft.
Reporting Mortgage Fraud
If you are a victim of a mortgage fraud scheme:
- Contact Flagstar Bank's Mortgage Fraud Investigation Unit (MFIU) general mail box at (248) 312-6080, or send an email to email@example.com. Please include your name, contact information, loan number, and concerns.
- If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact the MFIU's Anonymous Mortgage Tip Line at (248) 312-1576.
- Contact your local FBI office.